Pallavi - A blog on Carnatic Music

My own musings about music and musicians.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

 

My music teacher's alapana!

In a rare moment of inspiration after my music lesson, my teacher launched on to a spontaneous alapana of Kiravani -- and I got the sense to push the record button on the walkman a few seconds later! The alapana is chopped in the beginning (my slow start). It certainly isnt very polished as concert presentations are -- but has the surprise
sparks all over -- It was certainly a privilege to sit close and listen!

my music site -- in raga improvisations -- teacher-kiravani-alapana.mp3

Link: Click here to listen.

Her name is Lalita, and is 60 years old. She is not singing at her natural sruthi (this was just after the class, and the tampura was still on -- and she started off there --!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

April 2003   June 2003   August 2003   September 2003   November 2003   May 2004   June 2004   May 2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]